Remembered some grievous oversights when I woke up this morning:
* Gallarus’ Oratory–1200 year old classic
* Inis Tuaisceart ( _an fear marbh_ )
* Mary Lavin
* Mary Robinson
* Flann O’Brien
* Beckett’s _Murphy_
* Ciaran Carson’s poetry
* Damian Rice
* Jack B.
* Lard-cooked chips
* Cool regional accents, especially from Ballymena, Donegal, Wexford, Kerry, West Cork, and Louth.
* Conor McPherson, in the Project and on Broadway
* The NMRC(National Microcomputing Research Centre) in the Maltings, Cork
But this is the list of an old fart. I’ve come up with hardly anything from the last ten years for this personal glad-to-be list (though plenty gets filed on my cranky list). Suggestions and outraged reminders welcome, especially from Bernie’s students at the Tipperary Institute, who were commenting away yesterday.